On this day – March 5

On this day in 1915 the House of Hoo-H00 was dedicated. Designed by Bernard Maybeck, it was built by the Concatenated Order of Hoo-Hoo, a fraternal organization of lumbermen, millers, and wholesalers. After the fair, the House of Hoo-Hoo was barged down to Cupertino where it was used by the local water company into the 1950s.