On this day – March 3
On this day in 1915 the New Zealand Pavilion was dedicated. The building was a designed by San Francisco architect Lewis Hobart who ensured placement of a splendid collection of the island’s trees and ferns, many of which were planted in the San Francisco arboretum after the fair. Inside, displays showed scenery and sport facilities, mounted game and fish; product displays included blankets, leather work, wool, dairy, gums, resins and tinned meats. On a daily basis the entire building was darkened and “Kinemacolor” movies were shown.