On this day – April 4
On this day in 1915 the Panama-Pacific International Exposition held events to celebrate Easter Sunday, including an eggrolling contest and Easter-egg hunt on the North Garden. Today, the Gardens are called Marina Green, and what fair-goers called the Marina is now the St. Francis Yacht Harbor. The marina was used as a harbor for yachts in 1915, too, and many of the wealthest visitors made use of its facilities. Launches operated by the Crowley Launch Company carried visitors out ito the bay to visit the U.S. Navy warships that were anchored offshore.